These two stone duplexes were built in 1827-1828 by Sylvester Edson. Originally, the stone used to build these two structures had been quarried in order to build an Episcopal church at the opposite end of the Green. However, since the ground in that area was not firm enough to support a stone structure, the stones were repurposed to build these two houses.
For more information, contact the Woodstock History Center.
Find the Edson Houses on this map of Woodstock.