The Fitch House was built in 1827. Prior to this house, there was another building on this site that served as a house, store, and hatting business. That building was removed to make room for the current house. On the site of this house’s western lawn, once stood a court house. This court house burned in 1854 and was replaced by the current courthouse which is located on the southern side of the Green.
For more information, contact the Woodstock History Center.
Find the Fitch House on this map of Woodstock.