This building was originally built in 1788 to serve as a jail. At the time it was located to the east of its present location. In 1833, the building was moved and converted into a double tenement. In the 20th century, for a time, it was one of the boys’ dormitories for the Woodstock Country School, a progressive educational institution that was centered in Woodstock.
For more information, contact the Woodstock History Center.
Find the Old Jail on this map of Woodstock.