In 1794, John Mallard built the original house on this site. It was a small, one-story building. In 1810, Dr. John D. Powers moved the original house back to serve as an attached kitchen ell and built the large, 2-story structure that currently fronts the Green. In the latter part of the 19th century, many ornate embellishments were added to the building.
For more information, contact the Woodstock History Center.
Find the Powers House on this map of Woodstock.