School House

This building was originally constructed in 1812 to serve as a school. When a new school was later built on what is now called School Street, this building was readapted to be a home. 

The corner quoins and double bracketed cornices on this house are not original; rather, they were added in the late 19th century when these types of Italianate embellishments became popular. 

For more information, contact the Woodstock History Center.

Find the School House on this map of Woodstock.