The current courthouse was built in 1855 after Woodstock’s previous courthouse burned in 1854. The brick quoins on the building’s corners and the heavy bracketed entablature that frames the building reflects the Italianate architectural influence of the late 19th century.
Prior to the construction of the Town Hall building, there was a small stage addition located at the southern end of this courthouse. In the 19th century, in addition to serving as a place for legal matters, Woodstock’s courthouse also served as the center where many of the town’s cultural programs were held.
For more information, contact the Woodstock History Center.
Find the County Court House on this map of Woodstock.